Come Grow With us
Facts & Maps
Ranked by Livability Magazine as Top Five in the state for growth. With a City population increase of 39.74 percent (County 27.6 percent growth) between 1990 and 2000, it is the fifth fastest growing city in the state. Prattville is a pro-business community with existing utilities and is pad-ready!
prattville population increase
county population increase
- Dual rail access in the Industrial Park
- Directly off I-65 with three interstate interchanges
- Airport with 5,300 foot runway and Automated Weather Observing System (AWOS)
- $1 billion infrastructure and existing power plants providing low cost power
- 500+ acres of available land in industrial parks
- Approximately 25 acres ready for development bordering residential growth area
- Two Advantage sites and two data center certified sites
- AT&T fiber optics running approximate to sites and latest in digital telecommunications based on the Lucent Technologies 5ESS switching platform
- WOW serves 350+ commercial / retail customers with advanced fiber optic infrastructures exceeding 100 Mbps and offers Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP)
- Updated Unemployment Rates for Summer 2015
- Jobs Tax Credit
- Cash refund of up to 3% of the previous year’s gross payroll (not including fringe benefits) for qualifying new, direct jobs. Incentive period is up to 10 years.
- Up to an additional 0.5% cash refund is available on the wages of veterans, for companies, which employ a workforce composed of at least 12% of veterans.
- Up to an additional 1% cash refund for projects in counties with a population less than 25,000. Two sites per year located outside of these counties can receive this refund at the Governor’s discretion.
- Investment Tax Credit
- Credit of up to 1.5% of the qualified capital investment costs for a qualifying project each year for up to 10 years (Up to 15 years for projects in counties with populations less than 25,000 selling their output nearby)
- Credits can be used to reduce income tax (or taxes on banks or insurance companies), and taxes for utility services.
- Credits can be carried forward for five years.
- The first three years of the credits may be sold to create cash for projects, with Department of Commerce approval.
- An Economic Development Incentive Plan is also available from AT&T.
- According to the Alabama Administrative Office of Courts, Prattville had zero jury verdicts in compensatory or punitive damage cases in 2000.
- Prattville Area Chamber of Commerce
- Alabama Department of Economic & Community Affairs (ADECA)
- Alabama Department of Education
- Alabama Department of Revenue
- Alabama Department of Conservation & Natural Resources
- Alabama Department of Labor
- American Fact Finder
- Alabama’s Official Web Site
- Alabama Dept. of Transportation
- Alabama Department of Commerce
- Alabama Film Office